SMS & Cold Call Promotions Policy.
BetJACK only collects personal information ("Personal Information") from you:
- if you wish to subscribe to BetJACK's weekly newsletter;
- to process your application to become a member of BetJACK ("Member");
- to provide services to you as a Member;
- to identify you as a Member for security purposes;
- to maintain your Member betting account;
- to upgrade and enhance your experience within the Site or on the phone, or personalise information, services or products to tailor your needs;
- to create aggregate data about Members through demographic profiling, statistical analysis of the database to provide to potential stakeholders, and to allow for more efficient operation of BetJACK business and;
- to determine Members' liability to pay goods and services tax and other taxes where applicable.
From time to time BetJACK may use your Personal Information to inform you about BetJACK's services or about, promotional activities which BetJACK believes may be of interest or of benefit to you.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material from BetJACK, you may contact BetJACK at any time by sending an email to [email protected] requesting that no further material be sent to you. BetJACK will as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request remove your contact details from BetJACK's marketing database.
If you do not provide BetJACK with your Personal Information, it may be unable to provide you with its services.
Examples of the Personal Information that may be collected by BetJack include your name, address, email address, phone and fax numbers and date of birth.
BetJACK will collect your Personal Information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Management of your Personal Information
BetJACK will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information which it collects, uses or discloses is accurately recorded and is stored in a secure environment which is accessed only by authorised persons.
If it is practicable to do so, and safe to the extent reasonably required to ensure compliance with any law, BetJACK will destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information when this is no longer required.
Use and Disclosure
BetJACK employees are subject to confidentiality agreements in respect of Members' Personal Information and trading behaviour.
Personal Information collected by BetJACK may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in order to provide you with services that have been requested by you or to meet some other purpose for which your Personal Information was collected;
- where, at the time of collection, Sports bet has informed you of the third parties or classes of third parties to whom your Personal Information will be disclosed;
- in order to enable BetJACK to participate in activities with business partners and sponsors, who will be notified to you at the time your Personal Information is collected;
- where the disclosure is required or authorised by law or otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act;
BetJACK will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information which BetJACK discloses to a third party is protected by that party in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We may use third-parties to serve ads on our website. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
Security of Personal Information
You acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is totally secure. Accordingly, BetJACK does not warrant the security of any information which you transmit to it. Any information which you transmit to BetJACK is transmitted at your own risk. However, once BetJACK receives your transmission, BetJACK will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure including password protected systems and databases and Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") technology.
Access to Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information collected by BetJACK by following the "My Account" link on the Site.
Correction and Continuous Updating of your Personal Information
Personal Information can be updated by you in the "Account Details" section of the Site at any time after you log in. Personal Information can also be updated by calling BetJACK's Customer Service hotline on 1800 212 450.
Details of your betting transactions can be also found in the "Bet History" section of the Member Services section of the Site.
If you believe that the Personal Information BetJACK holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or not current, please let BetJACK know and it will correct it.
BetJACK undertakes to make reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy of your personal information, and will make contact with you on a periodic basis to seek the most up to date information from you, subject to you informing BetJACK that you do not wish BetJACK to take these steps to keep its database as accurate as possible. BetJACK will, where it is reasonable to do so, inquire whether you wish to be recorded on the BetJACK’s marketing database as being a person who wishes to take part in promotional competitions of particular types from time to time.
Transborder Data Flows
BetJACK may transfer Personal Information to someone who is in a foreign country where:
- BetJACK reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles; or
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and BetJACK, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you; or
- the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest between BetJACK and a third party; or
- all of the following apply:
- the transfer is for your benefit;
- it is impracticable to obtain your consent to that transfer; or
- if it were practicable to obtain such consent, you would be likely to give it.
If you have any queries or complaints relating to the handling of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer, whose contact details are as follows:
BetJACK Pty Limited
Suit 2, Floor 1/ 12 The Centre
Forestville, NSW, 2087
Tel: 1800 906 022
Email: [email protected]